C-10 CIP Self-Review
C10 - IMPLEMENTATION OF PROGRAM STANDARDS
Section 1: CIP Specific Gap Analysis
Step 1: Download the CIP specific Gap Analysis (Excel file) from Navigator and save the file.
Step 2: Rate each of the Performance Elements using the following scale:
4 - Exceeds criteria and/or able to teach task
3 - Accomplishes task to criteria
2 - Accomplishes task with help
1 - Exposed to task
N - Not exposed to task
Step 3: Complete the Post-Secondary Delivery for Articulation column
- At a minimum: place an "x" in the column for standards that align to an articulation/direct credit agreement
- Preferred: type the postsecondary course number (for example IT 2
Step 4: Complete the Curriculum Delivery Point (topic column) for each standard
- Minimize the use of the word "ongoing"
- List specific text books chapter, project titles, activities, multimedia, etc)
Step 5: Complete the Academic Alignment
- Minimum: Appropriate box checked
- Preferred: Content number listed and standard typed
Step 6: In Navigator, upload the completed CIP specific Gap Analysis
Section 2: Course Syllabi
Step 1: Develop a syllabus for each course in the program.
- The syllabus must include sections as required by the local school district.
- The Michigan Department of Education - Office of Career and Technical Education requires particular sections in the course syllabi, as well as an indication of segments taught.
Step 2: In Navigator, upload the completed course syllabi
Section 3: Program Delivery Model
Program Delivery Model forms (Segments)
Step 1: Complete the program delivery model that reflects local program delivery
Step 2: In Navigator, upload the completed program delivery model
Section 4: Safety Training
Step 1: In Navigator, upload the safety training lesson plan and student assessment.
Step 2: In Navigator, related to the content in Step 1, upload safety training record with the title of training, answer key, date of training, students trained, student scores and student signatures.
Step 3: In Navigator, repeat steps 1 and 2 for the appropriate number of safety assessments.
Section 5: Work-based Learning
Step 1: In Navigator, upload the district training agreement and training plan
Step 2: In Navigator, upload documentation that ALL students have had the opportunity to participate in 1 work-based learning activity in the program area. The documentation must include the student's name, work-based experience and school year completed.
Section 6: Student Leadership Development
Step 1: In Navigator, upload membership roster and local meeting minutes
Step 2: In Navigator, upload chapter community service documentation
Step 3: In Navigator, upload chapter officer roster and election meeting minutes
Step 4: In Navigator, upload CTSO competitive event documentation. If the competition is not part of a formal CTSO, the competition must occur between 2 or more independent school districts.