Economic Lesson Plan - Edition 1 Unit 8
Unit 8 - Personal Finance
- Lesson 40: Scarcity and Opportunity Costs. Apply concepts of scarcity and opportunity costs to personal financial decision making.
- Lesson 41: Marginal Benefit and Cost. Use examples and case studies to explain and evaluate the impact of marginal benefit and marginal cost of an activity on choices and decisions.
- Lesson 42: Personal Finance Strategy. Develop a personal finance strategy for earning, spending, saving and investing resources.
- Lesson 43: Key Components of Personal Finance. Evaluate key components of personal finance including, money management, saving and investment, spending and credit, income, mortgages, retirement, investing (e.g., 401K, IRAs), and insurance.
- Lesson 44: Personal Decisions. Use a decision-making model (e.g., stating a problem, listing alternatives, establishing criteria, weighing options, making the decision, and evaluating the result) to evaluate the different aspects of personal finance including careers, savings and investing tools, and different forms of income generation.
- Lesson 45: Risk Management Plans. Develop a risk management plan that uses a combination of avoidance, reduction, retention, and transfer (insurance).