Economic Lesson Plans - Edition II Unit 7
UNIT 7 - DETERMINE GLOBAL TRADE'S IMPACT ON BUSINESS DECISION MAKING.
- Lesson Plan 28 : Economic Incentives and Government. Identify and explain how monetary and non-monetary incentives affect government officials and voters and explain how government policies affect the behavior of various people including consumers, savers, investors, workers and producers. NOTE: The bulk of these benchmarks are taught in Civics--this should be a brief review.
- Lesson Plan 29: Investment, Productivity, and Growth. Analyze the role investments in physical (e.g. technology) and human capital (e.g. education) play in increasing productivity and how these influence the market.
- Lesson 30: GDP and Standard of Living. Using current and historical data on real per capita GDP for the United States, and at least three other countries (e.g. Japan, Somalia, and South Korea) construct a relationship between real GDP and standard of living. (National Geography Standard 11, p. 206)
- Lesson 31: Gross Domestic Product and Economic Growth. Use GDP data to measure the rate of economic growth in the United States and identify factors that have contributed to economic growth.
- Lesson 32: Economic Indicators. Using a number of indicators, such as GDP, per capita GDP, unemployment rates, and Consumer Price Index, analyze the characteristics of business cycles, including the characteristics of peaks, recessions, and expansions.