Economic Lesson Plans - Edition II Unit 8
Unit 8 - Personal Finance
- Lesson 33 : Unemployment. Analyze the character of different types of unemployment including frictional, structural, and cyclical.
- Lesson Plan 34 : The Global Economy and the Marketplace. Analyze and describe how the global economy has changed the interaction of buyers and sellers, such as in the automobile industry. (National Geography Standard 13, p. 210)
- Lesson Plan 35 : Absolute and Comparative Advantage. Use the concepts of absolute and comparative advantage to explain why goods and services are produced in one nation or locale versus another. (National Geography Standard 11, p. 206)
- Lesson Plan 36: Domestic Activity and World Trade. Assess the impact of trade policies (i.e. tariffs, quotas, export subsidies, product standards and other barriers), monetary policy, exchange rates, and interest rates on domestic activity and world trade. (National Geography Standard 11, p. 206)
- Lesson Plan 37 : Exchange Rates and the World Trade. Describe how interest rates in the United States impact the value of the dollar against other currencies (such as the Euro), and explain how exchange rates affect the value of goods and services of the United States in other markets. (National Geography Standard 11, p. 206)